3 months after it was released in theaters, a month after it was nominated for 5 Academy Awards, and 5 days after it was released on DVD:
(minor spoilers insofar as you can spoil a film based on a book and historical events)
- Criminal underuse of Coach Taylor, who could teach Jordan Belfort a thing or two about charisma that doesn’t go hand-in-hand with depravity. Your three hours would be better spent on FNL.
- Entire driving force of the film was “ok but what will allow me to continue taking quaaludes”
- I was bored and I’ve never even witnessed a single full-fledged frat party. It’s hard for me to imagine that Greater America, which I assume has seen a full-fledged frat party or two in its day, wasn’t also bored.
- Why were there so many piles of leaves scattered around his estate property? Multi-million dollar home on seven acres of land, and no lawn keeper.
- This article about the plane orgy scene was more interesting than anything in the movie itself.
- This movie had, by my estimation, seven or eight ending points. Did not need a three hour film to hammer home the jerk/crook/idiot Wall Street trader stereotype.